SSC or Staff Selection Commission is one of the most looked-for organizations for Government examinations in India. It conducts the exam of SSC CGL or Combined Graduate Level each year for staffing non-technical Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ non gazetted posts in more than a few Departments of the Government of India.
SSC CGL 2018: Quick facts
- The SSC Combined Graduate Level exams are conducted to offer jobs in different Central Government department that takes account of Gazetted and Non-Gazetted posts.
- The SSC CGL exam comprises of a 4-tier process held for Group B enrolment.
- The examination procedure comprises of four distinct stages that provides job opportunities in Staff Selection Commission.
- * Tier 1
* Tier 2
* Tier 3
* Tier 4
- The aspirants wishful to appear for SSC CGL need to apply by means of an online registration procedure.
- The complete course of registration and communication will be done online by the approved website of SSC CGL
- SSC CGL 2018: Important Dates
According to the up-to-date notification of SSC CGL 2018, the calendar of exam is here. Kindly note down the important dates related to SSC CGL 2018 and complete the procedure in time.
|| Tentative Dates
| Release of Official Notification
|| 5th May 2018 (Postponed)
| Registration Begins
|| 5th May 2018
| Last Date for Applying
|| 6th June 2018
| Availability of Admit Card for Tier-I
|| Last week of June 2018
| SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I Exam
|| 25th July – 20th August 2018
| SSC CGL Tier-I Result Declaration
|| September 2018
| Availability of Admit Card for Tier-II
|| October 2018
| SSC CGL 2018 Tier-II Exam
|| To be notified later
| SSC CGL Tier-II Result Declaration
|| December 2018
| Availability of Admit Card for Tier-III
|| January 2018
| SSC CGL Tier-III Exam
|| January 2018 (To be Announced later)
| SSC CGL Tier-III Result Declaration
|| February 2018
| Tier-IV Exam
|| March 2018 (To be announced later)
SSC CGL 2018: Eligibility criteria
The elementary qualification to apply for the exam is to possess a bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education recognized by the Government of India. Applicants in the final year of graduation are allowed to apply for the examination as well. More info on the eligibility criteria of SSC CGL 2018 can be found from the authorized website of SSC.
After the current modifications, the age limit has been increased from 27 years to 30 years. The least possible age to apply for the SSC CGL 2018 is 20 years. This infers that the aspirants must have been born between August 2, 1987, and August 1, 1997. Earlier, the age limit was set to be 18-27 years.
SSC CGL 2018: Registration
SSC has issued online application notification for SSC CGL 2018. Online registration process for SSC CGL 2018 is taking place from 5th May 2018. The final date to register online is 4th June 2018. You can register for the exam by following these steps:
- Visit the official website of SSC.
- Register yourself as a new user.
- Fill the online application form.
- Pay the Application fee.
- Upload the scanned copies of the photograph and signature.
- Click on the submit button.
- Download the complete application form.
- Take print out for future use
SSC CGL 2018: Application Form
Here we are providing you the guiding principles to help you to submit the online application form for SSC CGL 2018.
- Visit the official website of SSC - http://ssconline.nic.in/
- On the main page, click on “Apply” and select SSC CGL Exam.
- Now, you get the authorized link of “Online Form”.
- Click on “Click Here to apply” and the Part-I Registration application form will open.
- Fill out all the required info.
- You will need to fill the post preference order as well.
- After filling the complete form, click on “I Agree”.
- Submit the Part I of the application form.
- A registration number and password will be generated to log in and finish the Part II Registration.
- Now, click on the “Examination-Part II Registration.”
- Enter the registration number and password that was generated after the successful submission of Part I.
- Now, you will have to cover two essential steps:
- * Making Payment
* Uploading Scanned Photo and Signature
- After you successfully submit SSC Online Part 2 Registration Application Form, you will obtain a confirmation message.
- SSC CGL 2018: Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL 2018 exam will be conducted in four distinct levels called tiers. Tier-I and Tier-II are objective multiple choice tests that are conducted online. However, tier-III is conducted as a pen and paper exam that takes account of a descriptive paper - both in English as well as in Hindi. Tier-IV is essentially a Computer Proficiency Exam intended to check a contender’s skills in Computer.
Level of Examination
| Exam Type
|| Mode of Examination
|| Objective Multiple Choice
|| Objective Multiple Choice
|| Descriptive Paper
|| Pen and Paper
|| Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test
|| Whenever Applicable
SSC CGL 2018: Practice test
h4 ExamMATE is a Free Assessment Test, Analytics & Artificial Intelligence Tool offers Practice Test for SSC CGL that is well-researched and carefully vie with the precise exam pattern. Our SSC CGL Practice tests are organized maintaining the last year’s exam pattern as well as expected modification in the pattern and level of question papers.
SSC CGL 2018: Cut off
The Cut Off score of SSC CGL 2018 will be decided by officers of Staff Selection Commission keeping the following issues in mind:
SSC CGL 2018: Selection procedure
- The overall number of applicants appearing for the exam
- Total number of available jobs issued for SSC CGL 2018
- Region Wise vacancies
- Difficulty Level of the examination
- Trends for the past three years Cut Off
The entire selection procedure of SSC CGL 2018 is described below:
- SSC - CGL Tier I Examination
- This online examination comprises of a paper of Multiple Choice Questions (Objective type) and carries maximum 200 marks that need to be solved in the interval of 1 hour.
- SSC - CGL Tier II Examination
- This examination is again a multiple choice objective paper. However, not like Tier I, it is conducted over the duration of two hours.
- SSC - CGL Tier III Examination
- Now, this is a descriptive type question paper that consists of essay writing, précis writing as well as letter writing on the modern subjects of the nation of 100 marks.
- SSC - CGL Tier IV Examination
- After you pass the Tier I, Tier II and Tier III the carefully chosen applicants get qualified for Tier IV. SSC now checks Computer Proficiency skills of the candidates for the designated posts. Moreover, this round is also intended for document verification for all the chosen contenders.
- Final Merit List
- The final merit list of the applicants would be made on the basis of marks of a contender in Tier 1, 2, 3 as well as 4. SSC would get an All India Merit List ready to recommend applicants across for numerous posts. Letter of appointment would be allocated on the basis of post choices and ranks assigned.
All in all, SSC CGL 2018 is one of the extremely anticipated exams among all other government recruitments. Clearing an examination like SSC CGL would have a need of top-class preparation from your side. So, All the very best!